Nell Mitchell is a Principal at C3 Nonprofit Consulting Group. With over 20 years of consulting experience, Nell partners exclusively with not-for-profit organizations and advises on compensation, benefits, performance, and governance strategies.
Nell’s experience includes:
- Partnering with boards and senior management in the development, implementation and oversight of total rewards programs that help to attract, motivate, and retain talent across all levels of the organization.
- Designing reward strategies and philosophies for boards, executives, and staff – including salary, bonus/incentive and benefits programs that support an organization’s strategic objectives while also advancing their mission, vision and values.
- Managing a team of experienced consultants delivering work across a variety of not-for-profit sectors including health care, higher education, service and charitable organizations, community foundations and more
- Providing clients with market intelligence and insight into emerging trends in talent management and other people practices in the not-for-profit sector.
- Educating the board on best practices in governance to help mitigate risk and ensure compliance.
- Preparing formal opinion letters regarding the reasonableness of compensation provided to disqualified persons of 501(c)(3) organizations in support of federal and state regulations.
Nell serves on the Board of Directors of Cool Girls, an Atlanta-based not-for-profit organization dedicated to the self-empowerment of girls by providing life skills and programs focused on breaking the cycles of poverty, low self-esteem and teen pregnancy.
She earned a Bachelor of Arts in Art History from the University of Virginia and a Master of Business Administration from Vanderbilt University..