C3 Nonprofit Consulting Group is a division of SullivanCotter, Inc. (“SullivanCotter” or “We”) respects and is committed to protect the privacy of information we collect about you on our website SullivanCotter.com (“Website“)
This Policy applies to information we collect on the website and any subdomains of the Website as well as any emails and other electronic communications initiated or facilitated through the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Personal Information: We may collect information that is personally identifiable to you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, work or educational history, and other information that may be used to identify you or contact you (collectively, “Personal Information”).
We only collect this information when you intentionally provide it to us, for example by completing a web-form to contact us, subscribe to a newsletter or email alert, to learn about our products or services, register to attend an event or to submit a job-application to SullivanCotter.
Website Usage Information: When you use and navigate our Website, we may automatically collect other information that may not by itself reasonably identify you (collectively, “Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, but is not limited to, information regarding your computer, your IP address, the type of Internet browser you are using, the location from which you are visiting the Website, the type of computer operating system you are using to access the Website, the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Website, or the areas of the Website you visited and the actions you performed on the Website.
We collect Usage Information through automated collection technologies, which may include:
How we Use Information About You
We may use information about you in the following ways:
Personal Information: We may use your Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Directly contact you to respond to messages or inquiries that you submitted using Website forms;
- Provide you with information, subscriptions, newsletters or services that you request from us;
- Review your job applications.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our marketing activities; and
- To support any other requests from you or to manage our normal business needs.
Usage Information: We may use your Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Present the website to you
- Assess Website usage patterns
- Research the effectiveness of the Website, which will help us to improve the Website
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How and What we Disclose
We do not sell your information to third parties. We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates and may disclose your information to third parties for our business purposes in the following ways:
- Service Providers. Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, which are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example:
- Job application information is processed by our vendor Taleo
You can also prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you by disabling cookies on your browser or installing Google Analytics’ opt-out browser add-on, which can be accessed at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SullivanCotter, our employees, customers, or others.
- In the event of a sale or transfer of some or all of SullivanCotter assets, we may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information as part of the transaction.
- Otherwise to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee it will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network.
Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Information
If you would like to access, update, or modify your Personal Information or request us to delete your Personal Information, you should contact us at the contact information listed below. We may not accommodate a request to change Personal Information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Opting Out of Direct Communications
If you would like to opt-out of receiving emails or other communications directly from SullivanCotter, you may do so by following any instructions included in the email or other communication or by contacting us at the contact information listed below. Opting-out from communications or modifying, updating, or deleting your Personal Information will not result in the modification, updating, or deletion of any Personal Information that may reside in back-up or disaster-recovery storage.
Your California Privacy Rights
We do not sell you information to any third parties or disclose it to third parties for their marketing or other business purposes. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights to:
- Know what categories of information we have collected about you, the category of sources we obtained it from, the purpose for collecting it, categories of third parties we share it with (right to know) and the specific information we have collected about you (data portability request).
- Request to delete information we have collected about you (right to delete). This is subject to certain exceptions where we can deny your request, including where retention of the information is necessary for:
- Completing the request or service for which we collected the personal information
- Detecting security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debugging products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Complying with legal obligations, including the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Making other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Request to know how your Personal Information has been shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if applicable (California Shine the Light). We do not disclose information to third parties for this purpose.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the contact information listed below. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information. We can only respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we can verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact us again.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Children Under 13.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not provide any personal information to the Website. We do not market to and do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Attn: Privacy and Security
100 Washington Square
Minneapolis, MN 55401